This page describes the standard terminology that Iagon is using throughout this documentation:
- Storage provider: A person or company that participates in the marketplace by sharing their storage.
- Storage consumer: A person or company that uses the storage available from the storage providers.
- Marketplace for storage: Allows storage providers and storage consumers to trade storage without any involvement of intermediaries.
- Sharding: A method for splitting and distributing files across multiple resource providers in a decentralized network.
- IAG token: The native token of the Iagon protocol, used for staking towards device connections and to earn dividends.
- Subnetwork: A subset of nodes such as nodes only in a specific country or having a specific bandwidth.
- SME: Small and medium enterprise.